Author: Brandi With An I
•12:05 PM
Bumper Stickers
By: Bob White, Wooddale Church of Christ


The other day Tom Smith was talking about a bumper sticker he saw. 

That got me to thinking about one that I saw one time and the lasting memory it stamped in my head. 

The bumper sticker read,
"IF YOU SAY THERE IS NO GOD, THEN YOU HAD BETTER BE RIGHT."


I believe this is one of the most sadist saying that I can imagine.

In light of God's word, how can anyone make such a statement?

Look around everywhere, and see God' handy work. 
All of this did not just blow in on an ill wind, but it was all in the mind of God, who transformed Heaven and earth and all that is in it.

Let's look at some scripture to see how damning such a statement is in light of God's word.

Matthew 10 : 33 & 34 says, "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

Let's consider Hebrews chapter 11, that great chapter on faith, verse 6 says "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

Hebrews chapter 9: verse 27 reads  "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."

I leave you with this thought, judgement day is real, and you and I will stand before our maker to give account of the deeds done in this body, whether good or bad.

My prayer for each of us, is that our faith will grow stronger day by day, in God the Father and our brother and savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
This entry was posted on 12:05 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.