Author: Brandi With An I
•9:00 AM
Focused On The Man part 2

taken from Wooddale Church of Christ

As I was saying yesterday, One of the major complaints of non-believers is that Christians are hypocrites. Those who don't even know the great stories of the Bible, can tell you in great detail the stories of Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, and the preacher down the street who ran off with his secretary. It is one of the most common objections of an unbeliever, that he would be a Christian
The key point to understand is that you must keep focused on THE man, and not A man. 

Christ was the only one who did it perfect. 

My personal philosophy is to take the spiritual wisdom from other men of God, but never idolize them, never expect them to be more than the man of flesh and blood they are, but realize that God has touched them and given them something that can benefit my spiritual life. 

I have always called it my spiritual filter. 

I have had a unique opportunity to see an incredible number of God's choicest servants of our day. The list is a who's who of spiritual giants. However, no matter who the person was, I always do two things. I always line up what they said with the Word of God. That is test number one. I don't care who it is. If it is not in line with the Word of God, it is not something I want. Second, I always look at the man of God as an instrument God was using. I never expected them to be supernatural, or anything other than a vessel God was using to bring spiritual truths into my life. 

The only person I ever idolized, or tried to pattern my life after was the life of Christ. 

I have always taken what I can form men of God, and tried to use that to help me in my quest to be more like Christ each and every day.

Today's word is an important reminder to never get so focused on a man of flesh and blood, that you let it get in the way of your walk with Christ. 

God has placed men of God in our lives to help teach us, show us the truths of His Word. However, no matter how close to the Lord they may be, the only one we should ever try to pattern our lives after is Jesus Christ, because He is the only one who lived this life without sin. He is our example and the one each one of us should strive to be like. 

Take time today to pray for those God has placed in spiritual leadership over you. 

Pray for those that God brings into your life to share the truths of His Word and to help you grow spiritually. 

But never lose sight that they are mere mortals. 
Men of flesh and blood like you. 
Never let your eyes focus so much on a man, that you lose sight of THE man. 

After all, no man could die for your sins. 
It was THE man who loved you so much, that He willingly bled and died so that you might have everlasting life. 

Keep your eyes focused on HIM.
This entry was posted on 9:00 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.